Originally built in 1917 as a private residence, the home was expanded into a commercial office with two additions at the front and rear in the late 1950s.
The current owner will be using the space as a dance and photography studio, which can be rented by the public. The redesign for the new studio began in 2017 and is currently under construction. The project was designed and engineered with two phases in mind. The first phase is a single story remodel and the second phase will include the addition of a second floor to house rentable office space.
During Phase 1, the second floor was removed in order to heighten the first floor walls for 12 foot high ceilings throughout. The entire first floor was reconfigured. Stairs to the basement were relocated to keep each studio as large and open as possible. An addition was designed for the East side of the building to provide space for two new restrooms. At the rear is a common entry and small kitchen for guests.